Monday, July 27, 2009

i LOVE mondays - TRIBUTE to she who is Charismatic

In the name of Almighty, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

It was one of the most talk about subject last weekend. Even my mom was saying that the Ustazah at her religious class on Sunday had also made some references about her. Suddenly, the search engine on the much talk about person became one of the major constant hit. Her Facebook is swamped. There were some that mourn for her loss and there were some that condemns her existence. I believe to each is own.

I started to get her news last Thursday whilst I was walking out after my meeting and was scrolling my blackberry to check my mails. A particular email made me so shock, that I stopped walking in the middle of the road without realizing so! And it was after I “parked” myself at the sidewalk that I finish reading all the email trails I was still hopeful that she would get better.

Sunday, 26 July 2009 – The dreaded news surfaced. She is now gone forever…..

And immediately my mind flashback to the first and now, last time that I had a brief moment with her. She was in Singapore, PictureHouse. I think sometime in October or November 2008. The screening of Muallaf. And that was my very first taste of her movie works. And how oblivious I am for I didn’t even know that those tear jerking Patronas adverts that I only get in my email links were her works at that time. C’mon, I rarely watched TV plus I didn't have TV3 cable nor was in flight movies going have channels on adverts...

Particularly this one, it just sting me to the max. No matter how much your work pays you...... parents' love is just priceless.



So I was very shy indeed to be sitting in the room full of her fans that followed her every movie and there I was a first timer…but Muallaf just manage to hit me hard.

A simple message – LOVING YOUR PARENTS. To those who see the actual message from the movie, I'm sure you know what I meant! Its about the substance…not the content.

I remembered being very honest with her. She asked me “So you also watch Sepet, Gubra?” I remembered telling her “Kak, I very paiseh lah. This is the first one watching your movie....but Muallaf meant so much to me and made impact on me of what I’m going through my life.”

And thus our conversation just flow - our path crossed for a brief moment ,but her charisma and stimulating conversation is one that I will never forget in my life.

You are definitely an inspiration. Your beliefs in racial harmony and positive messages about life and family values are admirable. May you rest in peace and your soul be blessed in HIS love. Al Fatihah, Amen!

That reminds me, I've yet to call Mama and Abah today ...to say...... i LOVE you!

have a blessed evening all - xoxo Pearl

only HE knows BEST

7 comments:

HLiza said...

It's really a big loss..I don't watch other Malay movies except hers.Sometimes, it's hard to accept that exceptional people will go first..Al-fatihah to her.

Wati Basri said...

such a great loss...i have not catch any of her movies yet..will do that real soon! but her ads touched me to the core..the snoring...that is so my DH..she will be missed!!

Shopaholic Mama said...

Love all her Petronas ads! Always looking forward to them esp the Raya ones!

Harajuku PearL said...

Liza - she's one special person!

Wati - hehe, yeah i remember that one too...makes you look at our partner's best even from the things we cannot "tahan".. ;)

Mama Ann - yep, tat Raya one above hiyo, terasa tau...

P

UmiMia said...

yup, she's one special person indeed...just watched the funeral (snoring) ad for singapore's tv thru youtube..and like the rest of her ad...i just love it...

rasp said...

a great loss...
i truly love her raya adverts...
and jez like HLiza, i too seldom watch malay movies except hers!
Al-Fatihah...

{ Miss Syahira } said...

al-fatihah.