Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Geek Chic 101 - Oops! I did it again [too!]

Happy Sunday y'all! Hope your weekend was great yeah? I enjoyed mine so I hope you enjoyed yours too! :)

I've been reading a lot online and at times I just thought I should invest on getting myself an eBook device. [Read: Iphone?] Kekeke. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. One site I like to lepak at is LifeReboot.com to source for good reading articles. This website was introduced to me by my brother, in after which, my dad suggested it too that this site offers a good read. I came across an article by Shaun Boyd, about how we should avoid doing BAD blog postings. Apparently, the first pointer was a gun shot right thru my chest since I use to make that kinda mistake too. AND, I'm sure you would have come across bloggers who did this too..

Tip #1
Never Mention Your Posting Frequency (or Infrequency)




“Sorry I haven’t updated my site in a while.”

It’s been a long time since I’ve written anything on here.”

“I know I haven’t been giving this blog much attention lately.”




Do you know what all of these phrases have in common? They are all bad ways to open a blog post. Regardless of this, I frequently read blogs that make a habit of opening a post in this manner. When you open a blog post with an apology about or reference to your recent lack of new material, you are not earning the sympathy of your readers. What you’re really doing is:
  1. Placing emphasis on how your blog is not updated regularly.
  2. Pointing out how you lack interesting things to write about.
  3. Failing to capture the interest of your readers immediately.
In other words, you’re wasting your readers’ time.

How To Break This Habit: Open every blog post as if the reader has never visited your site before. Every blog post should be able to be read as a single, timeless, and complete story that makes a valuable point. In the event that a blog post is a part of a series, then open the post identifying it as such with links to the previous parts.

Let's start breaking habits yaw.

:)

2 comments:

rasp said...

tis is a good tip!
there have been times tat i do this 'mistake'...
gonna try to stop doing it!
thx for sharing!

Mak Pah Vogue said...

Nad, good tips and thks for sharing.